• Welcome to FitnessForums
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Spirit Magnetic Recumbent Bike from Sears circa 2006
Huh  

After spending almost an hour on the phone with Sears in the Phillipines and calling a series of local service centres for fitness repair I am no closer to figuring out what ac /dc adaptor I need to replace the one that is missing.

Anyone know who manufactured the Free Spirit Magnetic Recumbent Bike for Sears circa 2006? I have the manual and I can find it easily online but the bike has no serial number that I can locate. All the numbers seem to have no meaning or I just haven't spoken to the right person. I cannot find the original power plug and my Dad replaced it as he said it wasn't working with a new transformer and power plug BUT now he can't find THAT replacement to know what power to use.

Does anyone know perhaps of a universal adaptor or who manufactured these bikes? It's a great bike and I am sorry to say after 10 years it is in Like New condition so I'd prefer to get a new power cord rather then a new machine and finally use this darn thing. It's been sitting in the gym waiting for this missing part.  Confused

I hope someone might read this who is familiar with this machine. It really shouldn't be so challenging.

Thanks in advance!!

The manual says Service Model No. 712-30141-0

Check and see if there are battery compartments in the upper display. If so, simply replace th batteries and you should be good to go. I am unable to find specific info on an AC adapter for that unit. And yes, voltage does matter.
Fitness Equipment Repair Southern CA See our website!

I see no option but replacing the batteries. There are no custom writings online about the topic. So, I couldn't answer about it specifically and I feel replacement is the only option.

So it's either 6 or 12 volt. I have seen some 9 volt systems but they are very rare. If you know how to use a multimeter or can find some on who does put it on continuity setting. Find a good clean bolt and put one lead on the bolt and the other on the center pin in the jack on where it plugs in. If you have continuity then you know you have center pin negative or ground. Also look close at the plastic where it plugs in. It may have information as to what voltage you need. Also, look for a diagram that looks like a 3/4 circle with a dot in the middle. If you find that there will be other markings like a line pointing to the circle or dot with a + or - sign. That will tell you also whether it is center pin negative or positive. So now you know the configuration of power and ground. Generally (used loosely) the center pin is ground or negative. You should be able to go to Best Buy. If you still don't know the voltage buy a 6 volt power supply along with a pack of different jack adapters that all will fit the power supply. Find the right jack, it should seat all the way in and be snug. Power it up. If the console does not come on take the power supply back and buy the 12 volt. Happy pedaling!!

I am looking for parts for 2 Freemotion Eliptical machines. I need 3 crank arms Part #6068718 and one Drive Belt part #6056225. I've checked everywhere and I'm told they do not make the parts any longer. Does anyone have any ideas. The machines are only about 5 years old and were purchased new.

(12-11-2017, 03:53 PM)treesdalemgr Wrote: I am looking for parts for 2 Freemotion Eliptical machines.  I need 3 crank arms Part #6068718 and one Drive Belt part #6056225.  I've checked everywhere and I'm told they do not make the parts any longer.  Does anyone have  any ideas.  The machines are only about 5 years old and were purchased new.

Dale I think your out of luck. Unfortunately Icon usually supports products longer than that. What you might do is if you have any manuals on these check the warranty on parts because if you call you will probably get the no longer in warranty deal. It depends on the warranty if it is home or commercial. You need the warranty info though if you want to press the issue. If it appears that it is under warranty fight it, don't give up and they will relent. I had a bike in a hotel that the flywheel went out and they could not supply parts so they eventually replaced the whole bike. Similar situation with a home owner, forget what it was but same scenario got the bike replaced. Good luck.