• Welcome to FitnessForums
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schwinn Windsprint bike makes a squeeking noise
I have a Schwinn Windsprint exercise bike that I purchased around 1992 and that I use 30 minutes 5 days a week.  A couple of years ago the bike started making noises that seemed to come from the belt.  A repair person came to the house, removed the belt cover and sprayed something on the belt (belt dressing?) which seemed to solve the problem.  (I have a new replacement belt but the repair person said the belt that is on the machine was still OK)  In the last few days there is a chirping sound coming again from the vicinity of the belt.  My question is twofold:  (1) is there something I can spray on the belt (and, if so, what) and (2) would I be better off just replacing the belt.  The original belt was replaced by a local bike shop (no longer in business) about 10 years ago and the repair person who came to the house said the belt was causing trouble because it was not properly conditioned (or some such term) when it was installed.  The repair person was an independent contractor that served the local fitness clubs.  I don't know if he is still around but I would like to try to fix the bike myself and save the $175 he charged.

Thanks for your help.

You can try cleaning the belt. Use a dry towel (shop towel) and press it up against the teeth of the belt while moving the pulley. Be careful not to pinch your fingers. Try to see if there are any cracks in the belt too. If this doesn't work then you may need to replace the belt.
Fitness Equipment Repair Southern CA See our website!