• Welcome to FitnessForums
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9.4sp precor treadmill lift motor incline
I have a precor 9.4sp unit purchased back in 1988
serial #33K23A0002
When i am using the treadmill on "Coarse mode" and the unit should elevate an
error message shows up that "incline error" and it says press "reset". when i do I have to reset the whole machine again.
I had a service person look at it and he says the "incline motor" is bad. I want to find a replacement for this Motor but it is hard to find. I want to make sure I purchase th ecorrect one in good condition.
thank you
tom

The company that made incline motors for most major equipment manufacturers went belly up.
It is my understanding that Precor chose not to source replacements from another supplier for older machines.
You probably have a bad potentiometer or capacitor, which a savvy tech MIGHT be able to source & replace.
If the actual motor is bad or gearbox blown apart then you are SOL.

(10-06-2014, 10:09 AM)treadworld13 Wrote: I have a precor 9.4sp unit purchased back in 1988
serial #33K23A0002
When i am using the treadmill on "Coarse mode" and the unit should elevate an
error message shows up that "incline error" and it says press "reset". when i do I have to reset the whole machine again.
I had a service person look at it and he says the "incline motor" is bad. I want to find a replacement for this Motor but it is hard to find. I want to make sure I purchase th ecorrect one in good condition.
thank you
tom

appreciate the info, I figured it was a longshot but worth a try

(10-11-2014, 04:47 AM)treadworld13 Wrote: appreciate the info, I figured it was a longshot but worth a try

Hello I have a new elevation motor for your model treadmill if you are interested.