• Welcome to FitnessForums
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interface board on 1996 Woodway Desmo S
Hi there,

I have a 1996 Woodway Desmo S, and it appears that the interface board is bricked, as the incline is not working. The board number is B1210 Rev H. To be clear, I bought this from an estate, partially dismantled it, then reassembled it at home, only to find the incline not working. I do not know whether is was working before. The speed control (both are on the handrail) works fine. At first, I thought it might be the ribbon cable going from the user display (which does increment speed and incline), as I had to disconnect that to remove the rail for transport. However, I tested it for continuity and it was fine. Nothing else, aside from the power cable, had to be disconnected. I'll post a link to an image of the interface board below. According to Woodway, there is a green LED that should be on when the incline is active. It does not come on. Additionally, there is no power to the incline motor (via pins 2 and 6) when the incline button is pressed.

Three requests, therefore.

1. Any other diagnostic tests I should be doing before I send it in for repair?
2. Any of you have one of these interface boards lying around as old stock?
3. I am perfectly comfortable doing a board-level repair by myself if someone knows which component(s) is/are likely faulty. I would assume it is probably a known issue, as these kinds of things often are. Usually MOSFETs in my experience. But absent that, happy to have someone do it.

All advice gratefully received. Here is the link to the board image. It is part number 14000003 in that company's catalog. They were the ones who referred me here.

https://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/produ...000003.jpg

All advice gratefully received.