• Welcome to FitnessForums
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vision 9700hrt parts to sell
OK, here is my story.
I was doing some contract work for a retirement center and noticed the machine by their dumpster. They said they couldn't get it to work and were going to throw it away. They bought a new model.
They let me take this one.
I got home and it would only turn on. Nothing else worked. I called the manufacturer and was told to apply some heat gently to the console top.
I used a heat gun and messaged the control top with heat.
I was able to get the left and the right side keypad membranes to light up and "function", but not the center one. Of course, the center one controls the Start, Stop, Select, and Arrows. The main operating buttons!
After contacting the manufacturer again and finding out this part is "no longer available" I jumped onto the internet and made as many contacts as I found asking for this part. Made probably 50 calls. No luck.
Finally, last night I removed the right side membrane which controls the "program" buttons and plugged it into the center membrane prongs.
Everything (except of course the "programs") works fine, now.
I printed a paper lining up the new "functions" with their corresponding buttons and taped it in place.
It's not perfect, but our options were that or junk it.
If this is a procedure you ultimately choose to take I can guide you through it if you need help.
I will continue my efforts to locate a center keypad membrane, though not as diligent.

Messages In This Thread
Vision 9700hrt parts to sell - by Horseshowdad - 03-28-2014, 10:53 PM
RE: Vision 9700hrt parts to sell - by razor sharp - 04-12-2014, 09:58 PM
RE: Vision 9700hrt parts to sell - by razor sharp - 04-13-2014, 07:18 AM
RE: Vision 9700hrt parts to sell - by razor sharp - 04-14-2014, 03:37 PM
RE: Vision 9700hrt parts to sell - by razor sharp - 04-19-2014, 12:04 PM