• Welcome to FitnessForums
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from The Gym Guru
Stumbled upon this message board and this is awesome, a place to talk shop with others in the business, very cool! Ours is such a niche industry ( when I tell people what I do for a living they often respond with, " I did not know there were people who only fixed fitness equipment!" )

Been in the industry for 16 years, stopped working for other people and branched out on my own in 2006.

We service East Central Florida, mostly commercial facilities.

(12-05-2012, 09:55 PM)The Gym Guru Wrote: Stumbled upon this message board and this is awesome, a place to talk shop with others in the business, very cool! Ours is such a niche industry ( when I tell people what I do for a living they often respond with, " I did not know there were people who only fixed fitness equipment!" )

Been in the industry for 16 years, stopped working for other people and branched out on my own in 2006.

I'm in the process of starting my own business too in NE Arkansas. Any tips on getting going?

(03-15-2013, 06:17 AM)NEA Repair man Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 09:55 PM)The Gym Guru Wrote: Stumbled upon this message board and this is awesome, a place to talk shop with others in the business, very cool! Ours is such a niche industry ( when I tell people what I do for a living they often respond with, " I did not know there were people who only fixed fitness equipment!" )

I'm in the process of starting my own business too in NE Arkansas. Any tips on getting going?

Reputation counts. You want to be the best in what you do in your area. And do business honestly and ethically.

Get the necessary business licenses in your local municipality, adequate liability insurance as well as some people wont let you work on their equipment with some general liability insurance. And get certified with as many equipment manufacturers as is financially cost effective and when you gain their trust they will give out warranty work and build your reputation as a approved service company for lines customers already know.

It may cost you a few $$ in the beginning, but doing it legally, legitimately and by building a solid reputation you will be able to bill more per hour and surpass any of the discount fly by night repair companies in your area.

(03-15-2013, 06:17 AM)NEA Repair man Wrote:

Reputation counts. You want to be the best in what you do in your area. And do business honestly and ethically.

Get the necessary business licenses in your local municipality, adequate liability insurance as well as most commercial clients wont let you work on their equipment without having some general liability insurance. This will also cover your ***** should there ever be an incident with an injury. This is very rare but not worth taking a chance without some type of coverage for yourself. And get certified with as many equipment manufacturers as is financially cost effective and when you gain their trust they will give out warranty work and build your reputation as a approved service company for lines customers already know.

It may cost you a few $$ in the beginning, but doing it legally, legitimately and by building a solid reputation you will be able to bill more per hour and surpass any of the discount fly by night repair companies in your area.