• Welcome to FitnessForums
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowflex TC6000
Hello, I am looking for replacement decks for a TC6000. These are the walking platforms/boards. I need both the right and left sides. Thank you!

Hi Crambry:

I had both decks on our TC 5300 (uses the same decks as the TC 6000) fail a little more than a week ago. Searched high and low through Google and only came up with one on ePay for $179, plus $43 shipping, criminal since they are particle board and sold for ~$25.

I ended up having a set cut out of an alternative material polycarbonate which is bullet-proof glass. The place I ordered from is www.freckleface.com (weird name but came through lightning fast) with the product. My order info is included below and I kept the old decks to use as templates to drill the holes. Got the machine back together last Sunday and have used it all week and works perfectly. The new decks probably are not bomb-proof but they are at least bullet-proof which says a lot more than the original deck material. I do not have any track record with the referenced material or company but am very satisified with the outcome.

Best of luck.

Kevin

Pierce-Ohio Companies freckleface.com buyplastic.net gammaseals.com plasticmaterial.net

Order Number: 39504

Quantity Image Product Name SKU Each Total
2 polycarbonate 3/8 X 12 X 48 Polycarbonate Sheet PC381248 $43.00 $86.00

YES. I will enter size-inches X inches. Reduce each to ONE piece only, seller keeps cutoffs
NO. Send me regular sheet WITHOUT Ultraviolet Protection

The desired final dimensions for each of
the two pieces would be 40 5/8 long by 10
13/16 wide.

Subtotal $86.00
Shipping: FedEx Ground® $11.97
Estimated Tax Total: No Tax (0.00%) $0.00
Total $97.97

Thank you, Kevin for your very helpful and detailed reply! I will definitely pursue this. I too, had thought of building my own with particle board and then adhering formica to the top, however, this material sounds so much more durable and a much better option! Thank you and happy treadclimbing to you! :-)

Allyson

(08-23-2014, 10:52 AM)crambry Wrote: Thank you, Kevin for your very helpful and detailed reply! I will definitely pursue this. I too, had thought of building my own with particle board and then adhering formica to the top, however, this material sounds so much more durable and a much better option! Thank you and happy treadclimbing to you! :-)

Allyson

Hi Allyson:

Check your measurements and see if they are the same (3/8 thick and 40 5/8 long by 10 13/16 wide with a notch on the tail end). If so, I'd call the company and reference my order #39504. They will send you the pieces really fast (ordered on Wednesday night and arrived on Saturday, Oh to Wi).

The belts need to be released of tension on the front of the treadles with an Allen key, and there are several screws to remove to get the old decks off (some were a bit of a challenge) but it wasn't too bad. You don't have to take the belts completely off, just give them slack and the old decks will slide right out and the new will go right in. Also, there are a some screws that need to be removed by lifting and releasing the pads on the side steps, and one screw on each treadle from underneath on the front plastic trim, a lot of discovery with the removal.

I went to a carpenter friends (the Saturday that they arrived) to get the notches on the backs cut with a router long bit. Simply clamped the old decks down to the new material, cut out the notches, drilled a bunch of holes, and countersunk the ones that needed to be, and was ready to go back together.

I referred my sister to the same material for her treadmill that my nephew overworked and she will be using the same material. With the prices we pay for this equipment....would think they would look for more durable materials where impact or wear counts. Motors and decks, motors, motors and decks, ours is a 2009. "Planned obsolesce" with no backup support" to sell the next product in line.

If you get in a bind, PM me and I'll give you my contact info.

Kevin-

Hello Kevin:

It has been a while since we were "talking", but now that the rain has set in and I no longer wish to walk in it every day, and now that my scheduled has cleared a bit so as to finally tackle this job, I will finally be getting this taken care of this weekend.

Thank you for the helpful hints and information for taking it all apart and cutting notches etc.! Very helpful! A "fix-it" friend of mine is coming down on Sunday so will share this information with him. Again, I appreciate your input and trust it will be a great help!

I agree, it is indeed very sad and frustrating that they don't make these parts more durable and that they don't at least provide parts for older machines. It's all about the money and trying to get more of ours in their pockets! :-) I am not sure how old this one is exactly, as i bought it used, but it has so few hours on it, that it is a waste to just give up on it! The motor and computer etc seem to really work well, but I will know more after these are replaced!

Thank you again!

Allyson

(12-05-2014, 05:45 PM)crambry Wrote: Hello Kevin:

It has been a while since we were "talking", but now that the rain has set in and I no longer wish to walk in it every day, and now that my scheduled has cleared a bit so as to finally tackle this job, I will finally be getting this taken care of this weekend.

Thank you for the helpful hints and information for taking it all apart and cutting notches etc.! Very helpful! A "fix-it" friend of mine is coming down on Sunday so will share this information with him. Again, I appreciate your input and trust it will be a great help!

I agree, it is indeed very sad and frustrating that they don't make these parts more durable and that they don't at least provide parts for older machines. It's all about the money and trying to get more of ours in their pockets! :-) I am not sure how old this one is exactly, as i bought it used, but it has so few hours on it, that it is a waste to just give up on it! The motor and computer etc seem to really work well, but I will know more after these are replaced!

Thank you again!

Allyson

Hi Allyson:

I haven't been back in quite a while but can attest to the polycarb decks as being the way to go (since I replaced mine). I can not endorse the web-site that I ordered through but can say that they provided a great product within the specifications provided.

I was concerned that there might be odors or off gasing from the polycarb but I kept up with the silicon lub and no odors what so ever.

I would give the relpacement of the decks skill level as a beginner to moderate level. if the same person removes them, the same person should replace them.

My best,

Kevin-

Hi, I need a new motor for the TC6000 Treadclimber. Do you have one or know of where I could get one for less than $400?

Thank you!
God Bless,
Dan

I have a TC 6000and have been told that I need a new motor control part #QQ2160 because it keeps needing to be recalibrated and sometimes fails ,can anyone help me with this ,I have had no luck with Fitness repair parts .com and other places on the web,yet .

try http://www.bowflexparts.com/

Jim VonWiegen
sales / tech support
Treadmilldoctor.com
888-800-1167 ext 331

(05-29-2014, 11:23 AM)crambry Wrote: Hello, I am looking for replacement decks for a TC6000.  These are the walking platforms/boards.  I need both the right and left sides. Thank you!

Kevin,
we have these decks and they are $99.99 for the set plus $6.99 shipping.

Jim VonWiegen
sales / tech support
Treadmilldoctor.com
888-800-1167 ext 331

i need the upper console computer board , for tc6000, ANYONE