• Welcome to FitnessForums
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schwinn PT 700 Personal Trainer
Because it was no longer available, I had a lat pulldown cable made to factory specs at 143" end to end. In trying to install this cable, it seems to be at least 14" too short. Is it possible the universally accepted length is wrong or am I not installing it correctly. Unfortunately, I did not think to measure the old cable when it broke.

I am going to look at a used Schwinn Personal Trainer 700 to purchase -- How did the cable break and how much did a replacement cable cost you to have made. With the fact parts are not readily available--what is a good purchase price in good condition. Thanks I appreciate your time to answer.

(01-30-2015, 02:26 PM)rugbyfitter Wrote: I am going to look at a used Schwinn Personal Trainer 700 to purchase -- How did the cable break and how much did a replacement cable cost you to have made. With the fact parts are not readily available--what is a good purchase price in good condition. Thanks I appreciate your time to answer.

I bought the machine 20 years ago for $900. 00. It uses 4 cables--two of which are no longer available and would have to be made up using new cables with the existing ends from your old cables in order to make sure they fit. Schwinn was bought out a number of years ago and the new company no longer supports this machine. I have gone through agony trying to solve my problem and I am still up in the air. Schwinn knows nothing about it has been no help. Do what you want, but I strongly urge you not to buy it, but rather to buy a more current model from a reputable manufacturer that will support the unit with parts and customer service in case you ever need it. Good luck.